Bucket List Beyond Studying
As some of you may know from my blog Don’t Panic, my previous Fall in Chicago was not the best. This year, I am planning on enjoying Chicago even more. What do I want to do this Fall? More like, what don’t I want to do?? I have a huge bucket list to start as soon as I get back, and cannot wait. Some of the list includes activities, places to see, and of course, places to eat.
1. Six Flags: Who doesn’t love amusement parks? My siblings and I got season passes to the one in Minnesota. I think it is time to compare Valleyfair to Six Flags. Lucky me, the Class of 2018 has planned a trip to go before exams begin!
2. Ferris Bueller Day: OK, so maybe fitting in everything Ferris did in one day might be a little hard, but I do want to do everything he did. This includes: The Art Institute of Chicago, Wrigley Field, any restaurant on Rush Street, the Von Steuben Day Parade (Sept. 12 this year,) The Sears Tower, and the Ben Rose House (Cameron’s house.)
3. Myopic Books: Hello, we are at optometry school; of course Myopic Books is going to get my attention. I also love to read, and this place looks packed with books. Apparently there is also a no cell phone rule, so be prepared to remember the good old days.
4. The Aviary: My cousin just told me about this bar/restaurant that has drinks with a twist. I’ve heard rumors that they have a drink that changes flavors and colors when you flip it. They have a drink with frozen bubbles in it, and a drink that you sling shot an egg into (?). While this may be an upscale evening out, my other cousin said people are happier when they spend money on experiences, not on material goods.
5. Ice Cream: I love ice cream, and so far I have not found the perfect ice cream place in Chicago. I have high standards, such as homemade ice cream or homemade waffle cones. Is that too much to ask for? Also, I prefer not to break the bank while I am trying to afford optometry school.
6. The Maggie Daley Park: This park was built last year and is very close to Millennium Park. There is a jungle gym, a climbing wall, and tennis courts. In the Winter, they have what is called the “skating ribbon,” which is an ice rink that goes around the entire park. I cannot wait to go skating this winter on the ribbon!
While this list doesn’t include all the things I want to experience in Chicago, it gives you an idea that there are a million things to do in this city. I cannot wait to return and walk around the city to find hidden treasures at every corner. If you have any suggestions to this list, please let me know!